Posted on: November 18, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2021 sales of $30 billion. We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at www.lindeus.com .
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement
Specialist to join our Corporate Procurement team located in
Tonawanda, NY or Danbury, CT. This position will lead the strategic
sourcing process and manage various commodities, such as Corporate
Finance functions, Financial Audit Recovery and Reporting,
Insurance, Tax, and other indirect services. Reporting to Corporate
Procurement management, this role collaborates regularly with
senior management and regional procurement personnel.
This position is responsible for strategic sourcing / procurement
of Business Services such as Finance, Insurance, Audit services or
consultants. Other commodities may be assigned. (approximately $50M
Primary Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Develop category strategies in conjunction with business
stakeholders that deliver multi-year savings plans.
- Lead sourcing efforts to create a competitive advantage through
cost reduction, consolidation of global spend, improved service,
reliability, and productivity.
- Negotiate price, terms and conditions and implement contracts
relative to assigned commodities. Drive deals of medium complexity
to successful conclusion without exposing new or unanticipated risk
to the quality, timing, or reliability for the corporation.
Collaboration with Legal departments.
- Prepare, conduct RFP's & analyze quotations; recommend supplier
selection; monitor supplier performance.
- Conduct research to build superior market intelligence; keep
current on market trends, market players and best practices with
- Measure the results of strategy implementation and provide
actionable feedback to business stakeholders.
- Responsible for supplier management process with key suppliers
and drives continuous improvement & innovation through supplier
- Use total cost of ownership levers to achieve cost reduction,
cycle time reduction, improved service, and increased reliability
and productivity improvements.
- Develop key metrics, forecasting and spend/save reports with
the objective of enhancing the understanding of terms and market
- Proactively seeks new productivity opportunities from internal
customers, other Linde regions, and suppliers.
- Drives compliance with safety, quality, and productivity goals
in support of leadership objectives.
- Maintain professional relations with suppliers, other external
entities, and Linde personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Procurement, Purchasing, Supply
Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Marketing, or
related fields preferred.
- MBA and/or Professional Certification (i.e. CPM, CPSM -, CCMP)
- 3+ years in Procurement, Supply Chain, Sales and/or
Business-related field required
- Six Sigma working knowledge is desirable
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office software essential
- Experience with JDE and SAP an asset
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to drive for results that have a
direct and measurable impact.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with
strong time management skills and the ability to handle
multi-tasks, and follow-through
- Must have highly developed communication (verbal & written),
interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and customer focus
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and ability to
meet assigned deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Deep understanding of complex commodities chains
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , Procurement Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!