Sr. Process Engineering Consultant - CO2, CCSU
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Global Linde locations not listed in the job posting may be
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2021 sales of -$31 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The
company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals &
refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing,
and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless
applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity
& specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean
fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas
processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency
improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about
the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com .
Facilitate the further implementation of the global CO2
productivity initiatives by providing expert CO2 process support to
the Regional CO2 focal points, using global resources within the
Center of Excellence (CoE) and operating segment level support
groups. Develop and disseminate best practice solutions and
continuous improvement tools.
The role will assure that overall CO2 production productivity
savings of MMUSD 9/yr are protected and that opportunities for
further gains of MMUSD 1.5/yr are identified each year.
This role is also responsible for ensuring lessons learnt from the
field are communicated back to the plant design team within Linde
Engineering as well as engaging in the CO2 Linde Gas Standard
Requirement updates and revisions.
The successful candidate is expected to acquire knowledge and
skills likely to qualify her/him for more senior roles within the
Center of Excellence team as well as for operating manager/senior
leader roles in the Regions.
- Identify new productivity projects by conducting site
assessments and benchmarking, identify debottlenecking
- Develop and maintain overall profound understanding of Process
- Identify and communicate best practices and achievements across
segments and regions.
- Expert level support with plant optimization and
- Provide mentoring for segment and regional level experts.
- Develop and implement best practice tools for plant
optimisation together with all CoE functions
- Develop and maintain contacts in the industry continuously
scouting for best practices and facility contact between plants and
technology specific vendors (e.g., adsorbent, catalysts,
- Develop and maintain expertise related to CO2 applications,
quality (food and beverage grade) and analytics.
- Participate in lessons learned from projects and actively
manage feedback to Linde Engineering and revisions to the Linde Gas
Standard Requirements for CO2 plants
- Reflect upon developments in the industry, participate in Linde
forums on new technologies particularly related to the existing CO2
business and decarbonisation (carbon capture, CC)
- Analyse process safety for new processes and existing systems
if required, provide technical evaluation/approval for changes and
new projects (Management of Change) and participate periodically in
- Regional and Segment level CO2 Process Engineers
- Other CoE functions
- Operations Managers, Plant Managers and Operators, Reliability
engineers and platform engineers.
- CO2 Ops, Technology teams of the other business segments
- External experts and key vendors
- Productivity teams
- Linde Engineering
Salary and Job Level Commensurate with Experience
- Engineering or equivalent degree, preferably in Chemical or
- Long-term experience and extensive knowledge with CO2 process,
data analysis and optimization
- Breadth of knowledge in CO2 production and purification
technologies, experience with carbon capture and/or syngas
production is a plus
- This position will require limited travel globally (20%)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver improvement
- Fluency in English language
- Advanced computing skills (Process Simulation & Optimisation,
trending and online data mining, programming skills are a plus)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , Sr. Process Engineering Consultant - CO2, CCSU, Engineering , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!