Sourcing Manager - Packaged Gas, Operating Segment - Americas-
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (---24 billion). We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at . This position is responsible for strategic
sourcing and procurement of regionally managed commodities for the
packaged gas business. Specific commodities include purchased
industrial and specialty gases, cylinder maintenance, and may
include other commodities as assigned. Managed spend falls in the
range of $50MM to $100MM. Scope: Under moderate guidance with
occasional review of progress and results, this position: *has some
influence on whether new policies should be developed/applied *has
moderate discretion when entering into contracts on behalf of
company *interprets internal or external business issues and
recommends best practices *develops models to address specific
business needs and problemsReporting Relationships: This position
reports to a Procurement Associate Director. This position has
direct supervision of one Procurement Associate employee. Key
- Lead complex sourcing efforts to create a competitive advantage
through cost reduction, consolidation of regional spend, improved
service, reliability and productivity.
- Negotiate price, terms and conditions relative to assigned
commodities. Drive deals of medium to high complexity to successful
conclusion without exposing new or unanticipated risk to the
quality, timing or reliability for the corporation.
- Drive continuous improvement through supplier management.
- Develop local/regional strategic plans in conjunction with
business stakeholders; prepares, conducts RFP's & analyzes
quotations; recommends supplier selection and implements negotiated
- Utilize planning and analytical skills to define and maintain
the appropriate sourcing strategy. Must have strong MS Excel skills
- Keep current on the technology trends, market players and best
practices. Conduct research to build superior market
- Work extensively with R&D and safety critical commodity
suppliers and facilitate commercial development of R&D
projects, including negotiating supply agreements.
- Build effective relationships with business stakeholders.
- Develop and present key metrics, forecasting, spend & savings
reports and internal spend Job Requirements:Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Supply Chain or related field is
- Master's Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management,
- 1-3 years' experience negotiating & managing commercial
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a strategic sourcing / supply
chain/ sales/ operational role.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% domestically and
internationally. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair-Procurement, Tonawanda , Sourcing Manager - Packaged Gas, Operating Segment - Americas-, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!