Director of Facilities Management
Company: Elderwood Village at Bassett Park
Posted on: August 2, 2022
This job is located in Williamsville. Join Our Team: Are you
ready to change your life with a rewarding career move ? Overview:
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for the overall
maintenance operation and life safety compliance of their assigned
facility and grounds. This individual is responsible for performing
repairs and maintenance on various equipment and structural items,
inventorying supplies, ordering and requisitioning
supplies/equipment and performing regular maintenance checks. The
Maintenance Director follows established safety rules, policies and
procedures of the maintenance department, maintains required
records, and consistently provides superior service to residents
and staff. Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Free On-Site
Parking, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical,
Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward
program: redeem for prizes!, Tuition reimbursement program
- Plans, directs, and supervises maintenance program for assigned
facilities to include but not limited to:
- heating, cooling, plumbing, water, gas, electrical, mechanical,
oxygen, and communicationsystems; performs carpentry, painting,
plastering, refinishing, flooring and similar work;
- manages care of grounds;
- maintenance of institutional equipment and vehicles;
- operation of power plant.
- Schedules maintenance or repair, replacement and new
installations of equipment and power plant machinery.
- Performs duties involving maintenance of grounds, parking lots,
driveways (including snow removal, except if performed under
- Plans and maintains records of TELS preventative maintenance
- Maintains records of all maintenance work performed and costs
involved using the TELS system.
- Orients, instructs trains, and supervises other maintenance
personnel; assigns duties and evaluates work performance.
- Ensures that residents' rights are observed and that dignity,
and privacy of residents are respected.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment for use in department
activities and keeps an inventory record of these items; runs
reports as needed/requested.
- Coordinates work of maintenance department with other
department functions so as not to interrupt resident care or normal
- Meets with Administration staff periodically to discuss
maintenance needs concerning structure, equipment and grounds; and
maintenance problems on an ongoing basis.
- Supervises the work performed by outside service
- Attends and leads in-service programs.
- Maintains knowledge of and observes sanitation and infection
control precautions; remains alert to safety hazards to self and
- Maintains department costs within the parameters of the
- Reviews and updates the department policies and procedures
manual as needed.
- Submits various monthly reports to Administrator.
- Participates in quality assurance programs as scheduled.
- Participates as a co-chairperson in the facility Safety
- Conducts disaster drills upon request.
- May be required to drive company vehicle.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and work as scheduled;
responsible for own transportation.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information
and privacy when performing job duties.
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times. Base wages increase with experience!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in related areas of:
physical plant, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and/or HVAC
- Demonstrated supervisory experience to include hiring,
training, discharging, overseeing, scheduling departmental
- Extensive knowledge of Life Safety Codes and NFPA required,
experience with USTs preferred
- Familiarity with using computer programs to place orders,
manage inventory, etc.
- Valid, current driver license in good standing
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred Elderwood expects all
current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If
hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination. EOE
Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood Village at Bassett Park, Tonawanda , Director of Facilities Management, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!