Raw Material Inventory Manager
Company: Sumitomo Rubber
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Raw Material Inventory Analyst
Position Summary: Analyzes age, stock level and planned usage of
Raw Material inventory. Properly follows up actions to mitigate
write-offs. Coordinates with Raw Materials Supervisor, Purchasing,
Production Control, Finance and Quality departments.
Reports to: GM, Purchasing
Raw Material Inventory Shelf-life Control
* Monthly basis, check the inventory report of SRUSA internal
warehouse and QSG external warehouse and SRNA warehouse from Crude
Store team. List up the risk of overaged material.
* Monthly basis, check Robinson (third party vendor) inventory from
Robinson portal. List up the risk of overaged material.
* Monthly basis, check Supplier warehouse inventory from Suppliers.
And list up the risk of overaged material.
* Analyze the data and propose solutions
* Summarize the expected countermeasure (test and extend and use
up, or scrap) and report to SRUSA QA team. (Cc. Production Control
and Works Technical team)
* Ensure that blocked material is excluded from our inventory
* Follow up with Production Control, Raw Materials Inventory
supervisor, Purchasing, and Quality to ensure that agreed upon
actions are completed in a timely manner.
Raw Material Inventory balance sheet (Position Chart)
* Receive & analyze the Monthly Tire Production Plan from
Production Control Team. (Monthly)
* Receive & analyze the Budget of Tire Production Plan from
Production Control Team. (Quarterly)
* Calculate the Raw Material Consumption by SAP system.
* Receive the Tire Development Raw Material forecast from Works
Technical Team. (Monthly)
* Check Tire Spec Change and Raw Material forecast from Works
Technical Team. (Monthly)
* In the event of a spec change, ensure that preceding material is
being consumed according to works technical guidance.
* Receive the Race Tire Raw Material forecast from Technical Team.
* Monitor the delivery schedule with Purchasing Buyers and Logistic
* Update the Inventory balance sheet. (In, Out, Consumption)
* Analyze the Tire Production Plan change from budget and last time
* In the event of a production schedule change, call a Pivot
meeting to assess the impact on RM inventory. Communicate impact
and work with team to identify mitigation actions (consume material
in other tires, seek extension of life, sell material to other
* Check the Budget and Actual Consumption Gap.
* Report to Purchasing General Manager.
* Additional order (out of lead time)
* Risk of material shortage
* Potential Item need to arrange by AIR (runout date, next delivery
* Weekly report for Critical Raw Material
* Coordinate a monthly meeting of supply chain leaders, Quality and
Finance to review at risk items.
* Drive follow up. Ensure that assigned items form monthly meetings
are being completed by all parties.
* Issue a Monthly Report to VP of Operations, CFO, and VP of
Technical. Copies other impacted parties.
* Audit and ensure that FIFO is being followed.
* Monitoring the Raw Material lead time to define the order timing
and target inventory.
* Review the Raw Material Order Timing and Target Inventory Level.
* Review each Raw Material MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity)
* List up and report to Americas Purchasing team and Americas
Purchasing team will align with suppliers and SRI Japan team.
Raw Material Inventory Hard System
* Modify SAP inventory data system with Purchasing General Manager
and IT team.
* Develop the supplier portal
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* BA/BS in Finance, Project Management or related discipline
* Minimum of 5 (five) years of finance, purchasing or project
* Experience in working across divisions and with external
* Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills
* Effective communication skills including facilitation,
delegation, and conflict management ski
* Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a
fast-paced, dynamic organization.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits
packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal
opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Keywords: Sumitomo Rubber, Tonawanda , Raw Material Inventory Manager, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!