Project Manager, Operations
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2021 sales of -$31 billion. We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at www.lindeus.com .
The Project Manager-Operations in the Project Management Office
(PMO) of Center of Excellence (COE) is accountable for the global
deployment of COE's operations excellence initiatives and projects,
including but not limited to OT cybersecurity project, leveraging
predictive technologies for plant efficiency and reliability,
package gas production automation and distribution management, bulk
distribution and logistics optimizer, etc. This role will integrate
project management processes (initiating, planning, executing,
monitoring, controlling, and closing) to reach business objectives
on time and within budget. The project manager will also contribute
to setting up COE project management standards and guidelines. The
role is expected to work within a matrix style, cross-functional
environment with interfaces to IT, Finance, Internal Audit,
Procurement, Engineering, and other Linde organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successfully delivering COE global operations
projects following Project Management Methodology.
- Align with key stakeholders and customers to define project
scope with clear business needs and benefits.
- Develop charters with a statement of work and gain approval
from the steering committee.
- Develop project budget, schedule, and resource plan.
- Execute projects to achieve goals by balancing key variables
and constraints such as scope, cost, schedule, quality, resources,
- Address the various needs, concerns, and expectations of
stakeholders during project execution.
- Provide progress and financial report to stakeholders,
including the head of PMO, Steering Committee, and senior
- Create new or update existing guidelines, methods, and tools in
alignment with best practices, standards, procedures, and
- Implement a governance model for Linde Gas systems and ensure
compliance with applicable standards, policies, and regulatory
- Create documentation adequate for continued compliance and
sustenance of project solutions
- Continue personal development to keep current on solutions in
areas of responsibilities
- Maintain a current knowledge base of existing best practices
while seeking new/innovative work processes, knowledge, and
analysis tools from internal and external sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (master's degree
- 10+ years in project management-related work experience
- PMI PMP Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , Project Manager, Operations, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!