IT Project Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2021 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. LG&E's gases are used in
countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. LG&E also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For
more information about the company, please visit our website at
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. (LG&E) is seeking an IT Project
Manager to join our team. Location for this role is flexible to
anywhere in the continental U.S. with strong preference to:
Buffalo, NY; Danbury, CT; Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; or Des Moines,
The candidate will be responsible for setting and running IT
projects for the business unit's portfolio of IT projects from
concept through implementation. Additionally, the ideal candidate
will interact with LG&E IT Director and Project Office Lead
daily on project progress, status and recommend updates as needed.
The role will support the Linde U.S. Packaged Gases business unit
(including Electronics, Healthcare, and Industrial employees). This
role will focus primarily on larger projects ($500K - $2MM) for
LG&E's eCommerce and Point of Sale application as well as
cylinder tracking, JD Edwards and mobile applications.
IT Project Manager
- Work with subject matter experts, and project team to identify,
define, document, and communicate each project's requirements
- Work independently as a self-starter, and within a team
- Work across multiple projects to understand project needs,
objectives, schedules and components.
- Work with business in gathering requirements for projects
- Analyze data issues, work with business to resolve
- Ability to collaborate across multiple business functions
- Share knowledge with team members and develop solutions
- Assist/Run Special projects
- Travel (3 - 5 days per month)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMI Project Management certification or similar
- 3+ years managing project portfolios preferably with multiple
resources and large budgets.
- 3+ year of experience supporting departmental functions
including the budget and spend.
- Proven experience as an IT project manager (3+ years)
- Experience in IT technical and functional roles
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Strong MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Masters Degree
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Knowledge of JD Edward's ERP system including OBIEE business
- Knowledge of Premier SmarterCommerce application
Who You Are:
- STRONG Attention to Detail: High ability to solve problems
under pressure and in complex situations.
- Self-Motivated: Open mindset, ready to "dig in" and
consistently learn and improve applications, processes and deliver
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough - using
your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll also identify
opportunities to enhance process changes, performance, quality, and
- Possess strong communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , IT Project Manager, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!