Technical Accounting Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2022
*Sr. Financial Analyst or Manager, dependent upon level of
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2021 sales of $30 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The
company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals &
refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing,
and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless
applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity
& specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean
fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas
processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency
improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about
the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com .
Job Purpose/Scope : This position is directly involved in providing
US GAAP and IFRS accounting support, including technical inquiries
/ guidance for assigned accounting areas.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Associate
Director of Technical Accounting.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the
- Primary focus on US GAAP worldwide accounting support,
including technical inquiries/guidance
- Lead, global accounting projects as needed, such as:
- Evaluate/Implement new accounting standards as appropriate
- Use of Technology to improve productivity
- Other key global accounting initiatives
- Assist with the preparation and review of consolidated
financial statements and related filings (i.e., 10-K, 10-Q, IFRS
Annual Report & half year, etc.)
- Specific accounting areas: Consolidation & Joint Ventures,
business combinations, PP&E Accounting, M&A support and
- Assist in the accounting for various business transactions
(e.g., acquisitions, divestitures, projects, etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate current accounting developments
- Liaise, communicate and help coordinate audit work with
independent public accountants
- Develop and maintain global financial policies, accounting
position papers, as needed
- Some periodic domestic and international travel will be
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
- CPA required
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or corporate accounting
experience is required.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to translate theory into understandable business
practice and processes.
- Ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of urgency and
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse cultures and
- Quick comprehension of complex topics
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel, Word and Power Point knowledge
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach/mentor
- Familiarity with Hyperion, JDE and SAP a plus.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , Technical Accounting Manager, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!