Associate Director, Operations
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Engineering (LG US), the
OES-Controls National Manager will be responsible for Linde's
Advanced Control System (ACS) operations support in the United
States. In this role you will lead a team of ACS engineers
supporting over 400 facilities, ensuring safe and reliable control
system operation, in addition to executing moderately complex
control system engineering projects. The ACS team performs
operations support and project engineering work from design to
implementation in accordance with Linde policies and
The selected candidate will work closely with other groups, and
many times will co-lead programs through development. Close
interaction with Corporate IT, Linde Engineering Americas, and
other corporate and regional businesses is expected. The successful
candidates should develop a team capable of making technical
decisions based on full awareness of viability, cost, and other
- Managing a team of over 20 process control engineers across
five region-based business units throughout the U.S. supporting
over 400 facilities ensuring safe and reliable control system
- Supervising the Operations OT Security Team of 4 engineers that
maintain the integrity of Linde's North American Plant Operations
Network infrastructure through policy enforcement and the close
interaction with Corporate IT
- Co-leading a team of domestic and global process control
engineers developing Linde's Next Generation Human Machine
Interface for optimized plant control
- Program manager of US Industrial Gases Next Generation Human
Machine Interface deployment
- Project management of control system engineering projects with
an annual portfolio of $1MM
- Administer and maintain control system standards, policies,
procedures, and best practices in support of business needs
- Continuously strengthen group through staffing, assignments,
training, and succession planning
- Interface with cost reduction and project engineering teams to
implement standard technology solutions for large capital
expenditure on new and existing plant designs
- Provide plant operations feedback to control system Community
of Practice to improve existing and new standard designs.
- Implement systems related work associated with HMI data
collection, IMPAC and Central Control Room systems.
- Accounting of five cost centers to stay within assigned
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis meetings as the control
systems' subject matter expert to drive resolution and new
standards for implementation.
- Provide quarterly project and support updates to operations
- Facilitate technical direction to team members and provide
additional control system support when required.
- Coordinates team meetings and decisions; provides technical
direction to team members.
- Interface with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Keep current with state-of-the-art tools, design practices and
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Systems,
Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, at least 3 of which in a
- Acknowledged expert with extensive experience and knowledge in
the field of ACS engineering, including at least one type of
PLC/DCS, HMI, Scada, Alarm management system
- Experience with industrial controls network architecture,
hardware, and software interfaces
- Understanding of verification and validation processes
- Working knowledge of other fields, i.e., process, electrical,
cyber security, wireless standards
- Rockwell PLC/PAC (PLC5, ControlLogix) programming
- GE iFix HMI configuration and process engineering experience
- Understanding of P&ID diagrams, schematic wiring diagrams,
ISA symbology for hardware and software, I/O distribution, PLC /
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and
- Multi-tasking and effective time management
- Able to provide off-hours support as necessary to solve
problems occurring where direct support team is unable
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Passionate about leading a technical team towards common goals
and high-quality achievements through goal setting, guidance,
training, development, mentoring and coaching
- Further you must possess proven leadership, team building, and
decision-making skills, as well you must be reliability and
efficiency focused and possess strong planning and execution
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with
the ability to motivate and lead a diverse workforce to achieve
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , Associate Director, Operations, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!