Associate Director, Operations
Posted on: November 21, 2022
About Linde:Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet.The company serves a variety of end markets including
aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy,
healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial
gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen
for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions.For more information about the company and its products
and services, please visit .Job Overview:Reporting to the Director
of Operations Engineering (LG US), the OES-Controls National
Manager will be responsible for Linde's Advanced Control System
(ACS) operations support in the United States. In this role you
will lead a team of ACS engineers supporting over 400 facilities,
ensuring safe and reliable control system operation, in addition to
executing moderately complex control system engineering projects.
The ACS team performs operations support and project engineering
work from design to implementation in accordance with Linde
policies and procedures.The selected candidate will work closely
with other groups, and many times will co-lead programs through
development. Close interaction with Corporate IT, Linde Engineering
Americas, and other corporate and regional businesses is expected.
The successful candidates should develop a team capable of making
technical decisions based on full awareness of viability, cost, and
other benefits.Primary Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of over 20 process control engineers across
five region-based business units throughout the U.S. supporting
over 400 facilities ensuring safe and reliable control system
- Supervising the Operations OT Security Team of 4 engineers that
maintain the integrity of Linde's North American Plant Operations
Network infrastructure through policy enforcement and the close
interaction with Corporate IT
- Co-leading a team of domestic and global process control
engineers developing Linde's Next Generation Human Machine
Interface for optimized plant control
- Program manager of US Industrial Gases Next Generation Human
Machine Interface deployment
- Project management of control system engineering projects with
an annual portfolio of $1MM
- Administer and maintain control system standards, policies,
procedures, and best practices in support of business needs
- Continuously strengthen group through staffing, assignments,
training, and succession planning
- Interface with cost reduction and project engineering teams to
implement standard technology solutions for large capital
expenditure on new and existing plant designs
- Provide plant operations feedback to control system Community
of Practice to improve existing and new standard designs.
- Implement systems related work associated with HMI data
collection, IMPAC and Central Control Room systems.
- Accounting of five cost centers to stay within assigned
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis meetings as the control
systems' subject matter expert to drive resolution and new
standards for implementation.
- Provide quarterly project and support updates to operations
- Facilitate technical direction to team members and provide
additional control system support when required.
- Coordinates team meetings and decisions; provides technical
direction to team members.
- Interface with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Keep current with state-of-the-art tools, design practices and
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , Associate Director, Operations, Executive , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!