LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Part Time
Company: Elderwood at Amherst
Posted on: May 13, 2022
This job is located in Amherst.Join Our Team: Make a difference
in the lives of others. Join our team today! Overview:Don't Look
For Job, Find a Career...
Elderwood at Amherst is seeking a skilled and compassionate
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our clinical team.
- Increased Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shifts;
additional increases for WEEKEND Shift Differentials as well.
- Increased Tuition Assistance Program for Clinical Tracks - ask
HR about our School Partners that provide the most reimbursement &
- Full Benefits Package, including 401K PLUS EMPLOYER
- Weekly Pay Schedule
- Multiple Free Uniforms with Embroidery
- Days, Evenings & Overnight Options for Full Time, Part Time &
Per Diem Statuses.LPN Position Overview:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is assigned to a team of
Nursing Assistants and is responsible for skilled treatments,
passing of medications and monitoring the personal care services
provided by Nursing Assistants; LPNs are also responsible for
reporting care and unusual symptoms of residents to supervisor and
staff of next shift.
- Shift Details:
- Days: 6a-2p
- Evenings: 2p-10p
- Overnights: 10p-6a
Apply today to Elderwood at Amherst. We are centrally located at
4459 Bailey Road, Amherst, NY 14226.
- Administer medications and treatments to assigned residents as
ordered by physician and utilizing the five rights as
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care
procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned
- Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as
- Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse
Supervisor unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and
progress of residents.
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the
performance of Nursing Assistants in implementation of the care
- Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse
and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution
of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of
medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards,
medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
- Document as applicable in the care plans, Nursing Notes,
Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other
- Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered
Nurse (RN) with a current state license required.
- LPN Training and work experience in a geriatric setting
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious
exemption from vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Amherst, Tonawanda , LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Part Time, Healthcare , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!