MDS Nurse Assessor
Company: Elderwood at Grand Island
Posted on: July 31, 2022
This job is located in Grand Island. Join Our Team: Are you
looking to take the next step in your career? Overview: Elderwood
at Grand Island is seeking a Nurse for MDS Assessor that is
collaborative and detail oriented. While a Registered Nurse (RN)
license is preferred, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) candidates
will be considered. Position Overview:
- An MDS (Minimum Data Set) Assessor , or nurse assessment
coordinator, collects and assesses information for the health and
well-being of residents in Medicare- or Medicaid-certified nursing
homes. Following federally-mandated procedures and using the MDS
process, the nurse monitors residents' health and well-being from
the time of admission through the end of their stay.
- This work also requires the planning, documentation and
submission of the compiled information. It calls for creative
problem solving and attentive communication with staff, residents
and their families, to ensure that personal, health and
administrative concerns are being addressed.
- The MDS Nurse supports the MDS/PPS Coordinator in completion of
PPS and/or OBRA assessments for both subacute and long-term care as
required as well as any additional departmental tasks as
- This is a days position.
- We are willing to train the right candidate for this role.
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Free
On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package,
Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for
prizes!, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition
reimbursement program Responsibilities: Essential Job Functions:
- Accurate and timely completion and submission of Minimum Data
- Compliance with Federal and State requirements, and facility
- Actively participate in utilization management processes,
including PDPM and state case mix process.
- Conducts resident interviews.
- Compile, monitor and audit clinical documentation.
- Communicate clinical issues to appropriate clinicians .
- Supports and assists MDS/PPS Coordinator as directed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and
procedures and ability to reference them.
- Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times.
- Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices,
computers, tablets, etc.
- Supports and abides by Elderwood s Mission, Vision, and
- Abides by Elderwood s businesses code of conduct, compliance,
and HIPAA policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or
Elderwood Administrative Services Clinical Reimbursement Department
- Licensed Professional Nurse (RN licensure preferred) with
current license in state employee
- Prior experience with MDS 3.0 preferred
- Long Term Care experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and dedicated
- Willing to train the right candidate
- Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Grand Island, Tonawanda , MDS Nurse Assessor, Healthcare , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!