Support Aide/CNA Trainee
Company: Elderwood at Grand Island
Posted on: August 2, 2022
This job is located in Grand Island. Join Our Team: If making a
difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team
today! Overview: Support Aide team members assist with ensuring the
health and well-being of our residents by providing
resident-related support services. Interest in entry into the 100
hour Nurse Aide Training Program will be evaluated during this time
for team members pursuing certification as a CNA. Employee Perks!:
Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Enjoy being a part of a
strong and diverse team Responsibilities:
- Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as
assigned to various locations in the building including the dining
room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
- Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
- Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under
the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing
trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
- Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not
need to be fed, as directed.
- Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time
permits, as directed.
- Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
- Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as
- Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and
orderly, as directed.
- Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.),
- Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
- Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding residents.
Base wages increase with experience! Qualifications:
- Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and
misappropriation of property through any current or previous
licensing agency. Elderwood expects all current and new employees
to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required
to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Grand Island, Tonawanda , Support Aide/CNA Trainee, Healthcare , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!