Company: Dollar General
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and were
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com.GENERAL SUMMARY:Responsible for the
management of all employees in the effective planning and
implementation of all store processes, including ordering,
receiving, stocking, presentation, selling, staffing and
support.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, select and retain qualified employees according to
federal and state labor laws and company policies; ensure store is
- Provide proper training for employees; conduct performance
evaluations; identify gaps for appropriate solutions and/or
counseling, up to and including termination.
- Make recommendations regarding employee pay rate and
- Communicate performance, conduct and safety expectations
regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety,
security and policies.
- Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively
opened and closed each day. Personally open the store a minimum of
two times per week; personally close the store a minimum of two
times per week.
- Evaluate operating statements to identify business trends
(including sales, profitability, and turn), expense control
opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Order to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets;
review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management
issues on a weekly basis; follow up on Basic Stock Replenishment
- Facilitate the efficient staging, stocking and storage of
merchandise by following defined company work processes.
- Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to
established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly
including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages,
markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict
cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to stated
company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized store; facilitate a safe and
secure working and shopping environment.
- Ensure that store is adequately equipped with tools necessary
to perform required tasks.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
company communications; ensure employee compliance.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines.KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and
termination practices including legal compliance and internal
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
where limited standardization exists.
- Certain store locations may give preference to bilingual
Spanish speakers.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of management experience in a retail environment
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Dollar General
- Supports ownership by tapping into the potential of
- Acts as a liaison between the corporate office and store
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration.
- Interacts with staff tactfully yet directly and maintains an
open forum of exchange.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to customer
- Applies basic principles of retail (i.e., ordering cycles, peak
inventories, merchandise flow, etc.).
- Provides continuous attention to development of staff.
- Recruits, hires and trains qualified applicants to fulfill a
- Ensures store compliance to federal labor laws and company
policies and procedures.WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as
hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise
containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Regularly driving/providing own transportation to make bank
deposits and occasionally to attend management meetings and to
other Dollar General stores.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.Dollar
General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.Indeed Job
Title: STORE MANAGER Requisition ID: 2022-262551 Street: 2250
NIAGARA FALLS BLVD External Company URL:
Keywords: Dollar General, Tonawanda , STORE MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!