Cook III, KeyBank Center
Company: Delaware North
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Delaware North Sportservice is hiring part-time Cook 3s to join our
team at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, New York . As a Cook 3, you will
be a visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the management
team to deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen team
members, and monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead costs.
Minimum pay rate: $18.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision
insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and
holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or
professional certification reimbursement.
- Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
- Review menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor,
and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned. Qualifications
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment. Who We Are
Delaware North operates concessions, clubs, and suites for the
NHL's Buffalo Sabres at KeyBank Center and has been a partner of
the Sabres since 1970, the year the team was founded. We manage
concession outlets, suites, and clubs, including a members-only
fine dining restaurant, at the 19,200-seat arena.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: appetizer, baking, cafeteria, cocinera de
produccion, commercial, commercial kitchen, grill, kitchen, line
Keywords: Delaware North, Tonawanda , Cook III, KeyBank Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!