AT424: Customs Trade Specialist
Company: FedEx Logistics, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2020
COMPANY: FedEx Logistics
JOB TITLE: AT424: Customs Trade Specialist
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC178988
TIME TYPE: Full Time
JOB TYPE: Regular
PRIMARY JOB POSTING LOCATION:
170 Cooper Ave
Tonawanda, New York 14150
POSTING DATE: 2020-01-02
Responsible for coordination of the documentation required by US
Customs/Government Agencies for entry of goods into the US on
behalf of importers.
* Provide impeccable customer service.
* May process commodities that have been identified and isolated as
requiring specialized processing to reduce the risk of liquidated
ages and penalties through classification and the applications of
proper duty preference.
* Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from
database, SOP's, tariff book, internet or Customs.
* Data entry and processing of various import related documentation
for submission to US Customs and may handle all PGA's
(participating Government Agencies).
* Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in
compliance with all record keeping requirements.
* Adhere to all international importing and exporting
* Work closely with other internal staff, departments, other FedEx
operating companies, customers and government agencies to deliver
high level of service to customers.
* Process agency brokerage shipments.
* May handle remote filings.
* Performs entry reconciliations as needed.
* Ensure all government and organizational policies are
* Follow up on Customs matters and resolve problems.
* Performs entry reviews as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* HS Diploma or GED required.
* Minimum of 6 months work experience required.
* Minimum of 12 months of industry experience preferred.
* Data entry/keyboard experience required.
* Required - MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax,
photocopier, printer, scanner)
* CCS and/or broker s license preferred.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
* Organizational skills.
* Inter-personal skills.
* Problem solving skills.
* Handle high volume of work.
* Handle time sensitive work.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to use multiple systems and reference material.
* Interact with customers, carriers, brokers, government agencies,
internal staff, management of all levels, internal departments.
* Knowledge of Customs regulations, harmonized tariff schedules
* Performs other or additional duties as assigned.
* Paid training provided.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and
export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout
the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies
of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international
ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and
distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory
services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions.
We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with
FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland
Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify
program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the
E-Verify Notice available in English
before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the
Right to Work Notice available in English
Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT: The Company will not discharge
or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees
who have access to the compensation information of other employees
or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an
industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing
convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants
have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A
criminal background check will be required of all selected
applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor,
we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans
(including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently
separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other
protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal
employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job
opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an
individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national
origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual
orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or
related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click
here and here to read more about \\"Equal Employment Opportunity is
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
(FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective
employee from any current or former employer when determining the
wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process,
including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract
in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.
Keywords: FedEx Logistics, Inc., Tonawanda , AT424: Customs Trade Specialist, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!