Lead Control Systems Engineer
Company: The Linde Group
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (24 billion). We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at www.lindeus.com.
POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:
In this role you will be a member of the Linde Engineering
Americas team. You will be responsible for the development of
control system logic, process, hardware and related
drawings/specifications As a lead control system engineer, you will
have the opportunity to set the direction of overall control system
development for a variety of air separation and liquefaction plants
Successful candidates should demonstrate high levels of design
and leadership capability, a focus on safety, strong verbal and
written communication skills, a team-oriented focus, and an ability
to find innovative technical solutions.
- Design and execute the control system functions for both US and
select Americas' projects. This includes architecture, I/O layout,
networking, programming, documentation, and computer
- Provide control system support during the commissioning and
startup phases of projects.
- Implement control system strategies to ensure all-in
cost-effective plant control systems.
- Provide support to regional execution centers, R&D, and
operations with respect to control systems.
- Interface with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Estimate control system engineering hour and hardware costs for
the both project and proposal development.
- 5+ years' experience in control system design and
- Ability to travel (primarily domestic, but within the Americas
possible) up to 25% per year is required.
- Understanding of P&ID diagrams, schematic wiring diagrams,
ISA symbology for hardware and software, I/O distribution, PLC
configuration and Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) is
- Rockwell Automation PLC/ControlLogix programming and GE iFIX
HMI/SCADA development is required.
- Programming in IEC 61131 languages including Ladder, Function
Block Diagram and Structured Text
- Siemens PCS7 experience is a plus.
- Visual Basic is a plus.
- Networking experience is a plus.
- BS degree in engineering and/or significant experience related
control system and process development.
- Role will be filled at a salary/level commensurate with
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: The Linde Group, Tonawanda , Lead Control Systems Engineer, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!