Terminal Operations Manager
Company: YRC Worldwide
Posted on: June 4, 2021
The Terminal Operations Manager will effectively lead, direct
and manage all activates related to facility operations for an end
of line terminal that are related to overall dock and city
operations to ensure continuous improvement of operational
efficiencies while reducing costs and to meet or exceed customer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate operations to obtain optimum use of
equipment, facilities and personnel to meet customer needs.
- Analyze data for staffing and manpower planning and implement
action plans to correct performance issues and maximize operations
- Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are
available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of
- Manage dock operations to budget and is responsible for
achieving service growth and goals.
- Recruit, develop and retain qualified personnel to ensure
effective operations in support of company's mission and goals.
Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline
of terminal employees.
- Conduct performance reviews and focuses on development and
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with labor
by resolving problems in a fair and timely manner.
- Administer safety programs which encourage a safe work
environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Ensure compliance with government and company regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback,
instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their
current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the
development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying
information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a
focused and compelling way that captures and holds others'
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding problems and
opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting
quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course
of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and
evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action
that is consistent with available facts and constraints and
optimizes probable consequences.
- Earning Trust - Gaining others' confidence by acting with
integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own
positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and
supporting them in the face of challenges.
- Execution -Ensuring others contribute to organization
strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities,
measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those
- Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to implement better
approaches to address problems and opportunities; leading the
implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an
antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and
promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to
reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in the transportation industry with a deep knowledge
of operations and logistics.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including
weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
- Bachelor's degree in transportation, business, engineering or
- Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Safety/OSHA knowledge or certifications.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter
vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as
well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges,
varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally
exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel,
oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, and
maintain balance for extensive periods of time. Seldomly lift up to
10 lbs. Ability to perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist,
and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop for
extensive periods of time. The ability to operate a forklift,
dolly, hand truck, pallet truck, carts, and other equipment is
necessary for loading and unloading freight.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, Tonawanda , Terminal Operations Manager, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!