Residential Site Manager
Company: Autism Services Inc
Posted on: June 5, 2021
NEW: Higher Rate of Pay!
- Retention Bonus After 6 Months*
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Status: Full -Time, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for administrative duties related to the people
residing at the site including on call responsibilities. Supervises
program to ensure the implementation of persons programs. Provides
supervision and participates in the evaluation process with the
Residential Program Administrator. Provides a safe and clean
environment for all people in the home.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervision of the engagement in the IRA:
- Supervise direct care staff in assisting and training
participants in activities of daily living, community management,
leisure / recreation, socialization, assertion of rights and
communication of basic needs.
- Ensure direct care staff, follow the recreational schedules and
implement Staff Action Plans according to prescribed methods,
including documentation of the persons performance in a thorough
and accurate manner.
- Report any relevant changes noted in the persons performance
and make recommendations about needed changes in Staff Actions /
Value Outcomes to the RPA.
- Develop / maintain a comprehensive Staff Action Plan that is
based on the persons Life Plan.
- Ensure implementation of the Behavior support or mental Health
monitoring plan and coordinate meetings with behavior support to
address needed areas.
- Update IPOPs and IDF plans for each person as needed.
- Complete observations of all shifts on a regular basis and
provide coaching and retraining to staff as needed.
- Schedule any needed medical / dental appointments for person
and accompany them on appointments, making sure all necessary
paperwork is completed and filed appropriately.
- Prepare monthly med book.
- Ensure proper ordering of needed medications.
- Monitor the person carefully and bring to the attention of the
LPN or RN any pertinent observations or concerns about persons
health care needs. Follow up on LPN or RN instructions /
Scheduling for shift coverage:
- Complete routine scheduling to include requests for time off
while ensuring necessary staffing needs are met for each
- Ensure that hours meet the needs of the site and that all
shifts are meeting with you. Hours should consist of morning, into
dinner time and there must be at minimum one weekend shift in the
- At times the RSM may need to work shifts at the site to meet
the houses staffing needs.
Money / Ledgers (always adhere to signed financial
- Maintain the persons house accounts accurately and in
accordance with the Individual Accessible and Non-Accessible Funds
Procedure. Ledgers should be current at all times (withdrawals
reconciled within three business days).
- Maintain Wegmans card ledgers.
- Ensure all people have access to their money for
Program books, main charts, electronic data, purging and
- Assist in developing Life Plans for all individuals. Ensure
that all billing is completed in a timely manner and that Monthly
Summaries are completed by the assigned completion date.
- Check Behavior tracking, T-logs, S-coms and GERs every workday.
Document follow up per policies.
Ordering / purchasing:
- Monitor and order needed office and household supplies as
necessary using order sheets.
- Maintain availability for 24 hour on call in case of
- Schedule, perform and track fire drills, including completion
of all necessary paperwork (i.e. tracking sheets, bi-monthly staff
sign-offs, fire drill / evacuation report).
- Plan, organize and supervise in proper implementation, with
recreational activities. To include completion of monthly rec
calendar which is to be submitted to the families and site via the
- Develop menus and ensure proper menu utilization in preparation
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the IRA and to harmonious
relations among all staff by planning and implementing staff
meetings and contributing to problem identification and
- Residential Site Managers may be required to work shifts at
residential sites other than their primary location to meet the
staffing needs of the residential program.
- Conduct annual Core Competency Reviews for staff in
- Maintain all agency mandated training certifications such as
SCIP-R, CPR and Medication Administration as well as attending
monthly staff meetings as scheduled at the site.
- Physical agility and ability to react to emergency situations,
including Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention
(SCIP-R) certification as per regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for being on time to every scheduled work shift and
recording hours worked accurately via Paylocity or time clock
- Responsible for approving the bi-weekly payroll for your staff
accurately and timely via Paylocity.
- Responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is strictly
maintained as required by law and Agency policy.
- Responsible for securing and protecting personal and agency
related data by adhering to the Agencys computer security
- Follow all agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree in human services or experience in the field,
supervisor experience preferred. Associates degree plus one year of
experience in the human services field, supervisor experience
preferred. High school diploma or GED plus two years of experience
in the human services field, supervisor experience preferred.
- Valid New York State driver's license.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when
performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, grasping,
bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to move, reposition, and lift and transfer individuals
as required by prescribed program/ plan.
Keywords: Autism Services Inc, Tonawanda , Residential Site Manager, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!