Sr. R&D Technology Expert - Clean H2
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: June 5, 2021
The Clean Hydrogen Technologies R&D (CHT R&D) team in Linde
Technology is closely aligned to the Linde Global Clean Hydrogen
business development teams and a source of key technology insights
and a leading partner in the identification and development of
technology solutions required to meet current and emerging customer
needs. The CHT R&D performs ongoing analysis to identify
disruptive market and technology trends related to energy
transition with emphasis on the hydrogen value chain. The
candidate's position within CHT R&D will involve the
identification of the key industry trends that are of importance to
current and future Linde businesses in the energy transition areas
and assess through detailed studies on specific opportunities for
Linde engagement. On specific opportunities of relevance and impact
to Linde businesses, the candidate will identify projects to
perform technology development including pilot testing and
demonstration to realize novel technologies or new product and
solution offerings. The employee will have in-depth expertise in
various aspects of the hydrogen value chain including production,
conditioning, storage, distribution, and end-use applications. The
successful candidate will be a creative individual with experience
in chemical engineering process, equipment & systems of interest to
hydrogen production, distribution, and end-use applications. The
candidate will also have knowledge and experience in performing
techno-economic analysis of novel processes and equipment to
articulate their benefits compared to the state-of-the-art.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently as
well as in cross-functional teams involving R&D, Engineering
and Business functions. The candidate will also lead project teams
on specific opportunity assessments. To accomplish the goals, the
successful candidate will create and maintain significant technical
networks in the field with external organizations such as
Universities, Research Institutes, Government Regulatory and
funding organizations. He or she will in addition seek and create
partnerships with other companies including start-up's and
corporates to jointly develop novel technologies for rapid
Required critical behaviors:
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and experience
in recent developments and future trends in hydrogen energy
transition landscape and understanding of the full value chain
including H2 production, distribution and end-use
- Investigate competitor activities identification of alternative
technologies with threat potential.
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing relationships with highly
recognized external institutions in selected innovation areas to
develop subject matter expertise and for setting up scan and
assessment using these institutions to generate project ideas
having potential for significant future business
- Link to technology platforms and other Linde Clean H2 teams to
leverage / develop existing expertise.
- Perform pre-feasibility Gate 0 studies (Technical and
Commercial) utilizing process simulation, cost estimation and other
tools and techniques to move ideas/concepts to project
- Analyse business environment, use cases, target markets and
potential customers and derive sound / reliable market potential
and business case with appropriate sensitivity check.
- Performs analysis and interpretation of deep dive results to
create development of project opportunities on ideas showing
significant promise. Further develops business case and partnering
concepts and obtains buy-in for the development projects.
- Works with internal and external partners to agree on specific
project resources. Creates internal and external funding concepts
with preparation of proposals to external funding agencies such as
US Dept. of Energy to win award and leverage internal spend on
- Develop commercialization concepts including external
- Develop and implement IP protection on key concepts in the
selected areas of development.
- Lead project teams including pilot plant operations as needed
until sufficient maturity for handover to business areas.
- Visible leadership: Is leading by example and through
integrity, encourages individuals to follow along. Is highly
regarded by peers, managers and external stakeholders.
- Innovation drive: Is naturally curious, constantly challenges
"status quo" and embraces "out-of-the-box" thinking that leads to
change. Excels in rapid problem solving to help move projects
- Intrapreneurial attitude: Embraces change, is risk and failure
- Strategy delivery: Understands technology & market trends as
well as Linde strategic targets.
- Growth mindset: Is a champion of "blue ocean" philosophy and a
result-oriented approach to work.
- Interpersonal & intercultural savviness: Is comfortable
interacting with people of various backgrounds and excels in
building alliances and trust-based relationships.
Salary and job level commensurate with experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with 10 years of relevant
- Proven track record of successfully developing and commercially
- Strong chemical engineering fundamental knowledge with the
ability to integrate processes and systems for specific
- Creativity, with excellent interpersonal and oral/written
- Independent, driven, results-oriented disposition, with a focus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced process simulation,
systems modeling and techno-economic assessment of new
- Past work experience in evaluating opportunities in clean
hydrogen and energy transition areas or experience in innovation
areas such as carbon capture
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Tonawanda , Sr. R&D Technology Expert - Clean H2, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!