Design Engineer, Control Systems
Company: The Linde Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Control Systems Engineer will be a member of our LEA (Linde
Engineering Americas) engineering team in Tonawanda, NY, reporting
directly to the CSE Section Leader.
This team is ultimately responsible for the P&ID drafting,
I/O Panels, instrumentation, schematics, and analytical
equipment/enclosures specific to new plants pursuant to the
specific project scope developed by the leadership team.
- Prepare designs, drawings, and layouts. Utilize diverse
procedures and standards to perform original design work and
execute layouts. Develop instrument panel layouts for I/O, field
instrumentation and analyzers; Participate in design
- Problem solve and perform the Control Systems Lead role for
cryogenic air separation supply systems.
- Participate in capital projects and Global Product Line
- Develop Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, Schematic Wiring
Diagrams and Control Panel design/fabrication drawings per company
standards and electrical codes.
- Specify various pneumatic, electrical and analytical
instrumentation appropriate for cryogenic air separation
- Review and approve design packages for conformance to project
definition, design safety, and quality standards, codes, and
- Prepare documentation of Bills of Materials reports and
instrument equipment lists.
- Review and check project specific drawings and data
- Interface with internal and external customers and
- Work with field teams on installations, issue identifications,
analysis and repairs.
- Collaborate with other engineers to provide assistance on
- Coordinate design activities between U.S. and Chinese
- Learn and provide feedback on global engineering work processes
- Utilize specialized skills in air separation processes,
equipment control, safety standards, and control system
- Associates or Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in
Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a related field
plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the
position offered or as a Control Systems Designer, Systems
Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or a related position.
- Ability to effectively work within office, construction, and
operating plant environments are essential.
- Must have the perseverance and results driven attitude to
advance goals and objectives
- Must be proficient in verbal and written communication while
participating in a project team environment
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time to support project
tasks, supplier visits. commissioning, and construction
- Five (5) years of experience with; air separation process,
equipment control, safety standards, and control system design;
AutoCAD drafting software used in the development of Process &
Instrumentation Diagrams, Schematic Wiring Diagrams and Control
Panel design/fabrication drawings; Instrument Society of America
- Working knowledge of industrial codes, standards and
- Familiarity with database drawing software (i.e. Siemens COMOS,
Bentley Autoplant, Smartplant)
- Knowledge of process analyzer systems
- Knowledge in programmable logic controllers (Rockwell Allen
Bradley and/or Siemens) systems
(Salary and job level commensurate with experience)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: The Linde Group, Tonawanda , Design Engineer, Control Systems, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!