Field Application Engineer
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career:
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 145745
Field Application Engineer
Location: Tonawanda, NY || United States : Greensboro, NC ||
United States : Memphis, TN || United States : Mobile, AL || United
States : Tonawanda, NY
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Active Oxygens
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a
team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment.
Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you
will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them
independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for
personal and professional development are of course part of the
package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a
family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Click here to learn more about Evonik from our employees
The Field Application Engineer is responsible for providing
direct support, technical expertise and engineering services
including, design, fabrication, equipment selection, installation,
management of construction and start-up of storage and handling
systems for existing and potential customers. Work will include
proprietary application technologies and delivery systems for
Evonik products, participation in the development of the same,
support of the distribution network, and support of some production
plant processes. Product applications will include industrial
applications for hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid, persulfates and
other peroxygen compounds.
- Administer the implementation of programs, procedures, and
measures to ensure work is in compliance with Evonik's safety
standards as well as OSHA, NIOSH and other safety and health
- Responsible for conducting business and tasks in accordance
with Evonik's safety programs, including, the Responsible Care
Program as well as requirements directed by the Department
- Provide customer training, oversight, and technical service
including elements of occupational safety, process safety, use,
application, storage, and handling.
- Act as a technical liaison between Evonik and its customers,
including service companies.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team to provide technical
sales support to customers, service companies, and end use
customers including field work and technical sales calls.
- Develop in-plant contacts with customers.
- Provide routine technical support to internal and external
customers for the Evonik product lines as well as troubleshooting
assistance for microbial control and delivery systems and their
interfaces to customer processes.
- Develop proprietary delivery systems and coordinate design of
such with external equipment/instrument vendors for each unique
application of Evonik products.
- Assist in the development of plant test methods and protocols
for field application studies, including the direct participation
in field trials with R&D and/or staff while providing the key
interface between existing processes and desired applications.
- Coordinate application tests, demonstrations, and
implementation of final application systems in support of Evonik's
products, including customer specific studies and internal and
external testing to support EPA, FDA, or other registrations as
- Provide Project Management from conception through product
launch, including, equipment interfaces with OEM's with each site's
- Support the Corporate Field Engineering Services (CFES)
department in day-to-day oversight and guidance.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as trip reports, time
sheets, expense reports, and processing and purchasing requisitions
as needed for projects.
- Conduct cost tracking, documentation, and manage scheduling of
projects and installations, and to conduct market development
estimates in order to ensure that projects remain on budget and are
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with field engineering required (construction
management, commissioning, startup)
- Experience with process piping design preferred
- Process engineering skills including flow calculations, process
& instrumentation diagrams
- Able to perform basic control system troubleshooting preferred,
collaborate with control systems engineers
- Understanding of project management, cost engineering, and
process safety techniques
- Familiar with chemistry/chemical engineering, able to work with
chemistry R&D group for process design and process equipment
- Understanding of material compatibility/corrosion impacts
- Proven track record of building and managing strong customer
- Experience working with AutoCAD preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50% during peak periods,
international travel may be required
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect
the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 145745
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited
application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in
conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any
fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework
agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a
staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should
this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment
process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm
will be entertained in this regard.
Keywords: Evonik, Tonawanda , Field Application Engineer, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!