PhD Surface Chemist Principal Investigator
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Principal Investigator for Yerkes Tedlar -
performs engineering work in operations, production, construction,
or maintenance environments. Designs and scales manufacturing
processes, instruments and equipment and tests manufactured
products to maintain quality. Plans, designs, and estimates time
and cost and oversees construction and maintenance of structures,
facilities, systems, and components. Analyzes and develops
solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing
equipment and systems or the causes of component failures. Develops
and applies engineering standards and procedures and provides
advice on issues within the engineering field. - Provides technical
expertise in a technology area to manufacturing operations to
maintain production performance or restore process capability. -
Evaluates data using statistical methodology and monitors
compliance with customer specifications. Uses significant process
experience and quality knowledge and training to make appropriate
business-based decisions. -This role will report to the Yerkes
Tedlar Engineering Science Leader.The responsibilities of this role
are:Surface Science Lead for the Tedlar - Enterprise
- Utilize expertise in surface science to assist in the
resolution of problems related to the surface composition and
surface engineering of Tedlar - Film products. -
- Process monitoring of the flame treatment processes at the
Yerkes and Circleville manufacturing sites.
- Support R&D development of improved product and dispersions
- Support of the production areas in the event of process
- Perform failure analysis of finished laminates.Analytical
Chemistry and product formulation support of the Photovoltaic and
Industrial market sectors of the Tedlar - Film business.
- Support the organizations decision making processes by
providing expert analysis and technical guidance in a timely
fashion to aid in the resolution customer complaints, quality
investigations, and manufacturing upsets, and in the advancement of
product/process improvement efforts. - This includes coordination
of both onsite and offsite testing.
- Regulatory Support for the Tedlar - Film - Provide technical
assistance to the Product Steward with relation to the product
formulation of Tedlar - Film and analytical chemistry to meet the
meet the organizations EHS responsibilities.
- Lead raw materials qualifications as needed.Provide technical
support for the Yerkes Quality Control, Circleville Quality Control
and Yerkes Laboratories
- Improve Quality Systems by providing responsible technical
guidance to the Tedlar - Film business's Quality Control
Laboratories located at the Yerkes and Circleville Manufacturing
- Primary activities for the production laboratories to include
- 5 years minimum experience
- MOCT/PSM activities for laboratories and instrumentation
- Laboratory PHA Lead
- Develop new test methods to meet the needs of the business
- Designing and conducting comparative studies on laboratory
- Assist with troubleshooting and repair of existing
- Manage Engineering Science laboratory operating procedures.
- Perform MIQA review of existing QC procedures
- Management the service contracts for the Engineering Science
- Coordinate on site contractor services for instrumentation the
Longhouse and QC Labs.
- Manage ISO/PMS calibrations of laboratory instruments and
- Assist the Tedlar QC lab supervisor with site contractor
services for instrumentation in the QC Lab.
- Locating corporate and contract laboratory services for
- Assist in the technical development of laboratory staff
- Activities for the MT Laboratories to include troubleshooting
of existing instrumentation, set up of new instrumentation,
instrument validation, and required PSM activities.
- Technical development laboratory staff and MT
- PhD in Chemistry (surface chemist)Experience Desired - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - Technical expertise in Surface Science, Infrared
Spectroscopy, Thermal Analysis, General Analytical Chemistry,
Optical Microscopy, UV Vis, GC, Particle Size Analysis,
Color/Appearance measurement, Physical Property testing, and
Polymer ChemistryDuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any
other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to
search or apply for a position, please visit our -.For US
Applicants: See the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law"
poster at: -For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, -.
Keywords: Dupont, Tonawanda , PhD Surface Chemist Principal Investigator, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!