R&D Electronics Gases Scientist
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2021 sales of -$31 billion. We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at www.lindeus.com .
In this position you will be a key member of the Electronics Gases
research and development team at the Linde Technology Center (LTC)
in Tonawanda, NY. You will engage and collaborate with Linde's
regional businesses, global customers, OEMs, and suppliers to
develop and commercialize new materials, purification technologies,
delivery systems and packaging solutions for its use in the
Electronics specialty gases and advanced materials market.
Successful candidates should demonstrate strong leadership skills,
a team-oriented focus, and be able to champion the innovation
process to find technical solutions that meet the needs of our
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute projects for new product development from concept to
- Design experimental apparatus , plan, run and/or direct
execution of experiments, conduct data analysis, and create
efficient presentations for communicating technical results.
- Maintain alignment with technical leads, development partners,
commercial team through all stages of technology development.
- Actively participate in technical collaborations to identify
opportunities for new products and/or development programs.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, or
related technology field, or MS and 5+ yrs relevant
- Fundamental knowledge of physics and chemistry of gas-surface
- Hands-on experience with handling of reactive or air-sensitive
materials, gas and liquid analysis.
- Ability to work independently and to be flexible in fast-pacing
R&D environment with changing priorities.
- Efficient verbal and written (email, technical documentation,
presentation) communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Product or process development experience utilizing specialty
gases / precursors in the semiconductor or related industry.
- Small scale synthesis, purification, and scale-up of
air-sensitive materials including glove-box operation.
- Experience with dry etch and CVD/ALD deposition equipment
operation. Equipment design or maintenance experience is a
- Operation of GC-MS, GC-TCD, FTIR, MS, UV-Vis, or gas/vapor
analysis methods. Method development experience is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Tonawanda , R&D Electronics Gases Scientist, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!