Human Resources Generalist
Company: Gear Motions - Buffalo Operations
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Gear Motions, Inc., a successful, growing, employee-owned (ESOP)
precision gear manufacturing company, is looking for an experienced
Human Resource Manager for its Buffalo Operations Division. This
position will be responsible to identify issues and initiate
solutions at our two current facilities in Buffalo. The Human
Resource Manager will also perform day-to-day administrative human
resources functions for our Buffalo Operations Division and
communicate with the Corporate human resource department for
guidance for all unresolved issues and questions. Additionally,
some clerical and accounts receivable functions will reside with
*MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Follows Corporate guidelines to insure proper maintenance of
human resource, benefit insurance plans, and payroll records for
the Buffalo Operations Division.
* Develop and maintain a successful strategy for consistently
recruiting new talent to fill open positions. This includes using
Indeed, Zip Recruiter and recruiting agencies as well as partnering
with local technical schools for new graduates.
* Administratively process new employees and provide a general
orientation to Company policies and benefits.
* Process and maintain all workers' compensation claim information,
including maintain OSHA record keeping and reporting.
* Develop and participate in employee discipline strategies and
insure consistency and proper documentation.
* Monitors performance evaluation program for the Buffalo
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
as needed for Senior Mgmt.
* Acting Chairman of the Safety committee which is responsible for
operating a safe and World Class facility.
* Assist with basic accounting functions (ie, AP/AR/invoicing/WIP
to finish goods) as well as manage the front end office
* Assist Senior Management in Building a world class training
program for new and existing employees.
*Qualifications and Skills: *
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years of human resource
experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
*Main Benefit Package of the Human Resource Generalist includes:
* Competitive pay scale (based on experience)
* ESOP (Stock ownership program - retirement plan )
* 401k savings plan with 50% company match
* Liberal vacation and holidays
* Life Insurance
* Health and Dental insurance
* Long Term Disability insurance
If you are experienced in Human Resource and would like an
opportunity to have become a successful member of our team and be
part of a long established employee owned company with a nice work
environment in a brand new state of the art manufacturing facility
in Tonawanda New York with excellent benefits, please reply to this
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Tonawanda, NY 14150: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Gear Motions - Buffalo Operations, Tonawanda , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!