Personal Care Aide
Company: Willcare HCBS
Posted on: October 27, 2019
Currently hiring Per Diem Personal Care Aides (PCA) and Home Health
Aides (HHA) to provide care to clients in the Tonawanda area . We
offer WEEKLY Pay and Flexible Schedules .
**Clients in the Tonawanda area are not on the bus-line and require
employees to have a valid driver's license and reliable
transportation to perform essential errands as needed.**
The Private Duty Aide is a person who provides aide, support,
assistance with personal hygiene and household functions for an
individual to be able to remain in their own home.
Willcare is a proud partner of LHC Group, the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Consistently and reliably accepts patient assignments based on
patient and agency needs.
- Available on designated work days.
- Follows all policies and procedures of LHC Group and agency, as
well as all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Understands and complies with HIPAA and any other
- Accurate and timely documentation of hours worked.
- Accurate and timely documentation of services performed.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental
condition and exercise.
- Accurate and timely reporting of observations of the patient's
condition to the appropriate supervisor including immediate
notification of any incidents, accidents, or unusual
- Effective utilization of the Electronic Visit Verification or
other visit documentation program as applicable.
- Competent provision of and/or assistance with activities of
daily living as applicable including: bathing, dental care, nail
care, filing only, skin care including peri care and lotion
- Safe transfer of patient from bed to chair and to
- Safe transfer of patients on and off bedpan and/or toilet.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely
- Assists patient with bedtime preparations including personal
care, dressing, positioning and medication reminders.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry
services, shopping for food and other household requirements,
preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker or
crutches, if appropriate and helps patients care for
- Accompanies client to medical appointments.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures,
pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the
- Prepares meals as required based upon the patient's preferred
or prescribed diet and assists with feeding as needed.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including
safe use of equipment needed by the patient.
- Responds promptly and professionally to client requests.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching
appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient
cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Participates in required agency meetings and in-service
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Six months experience in home care preferred.
- Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age,
race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the
- Able to work independently.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Willcare HCBS, Tonawanda , Personal Care Aide, Other , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!