Client Import Analyst
Company: Livingston International
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Client Import Analyst
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third
largest entry filer in the U.S. We're a market leader offering
customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight
forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America,
Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping
our customers navigate the complex and changing world of
international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team
for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert
advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the
career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: NY Tonawanda - US041
This position reports to the Manager, Service Delivery and acts as
the primary support and day to day client contact for the client
service teams/operations to ensure quality standards are met and
the integrity of the client records/system defaults are maintained
and compliant; facilitate release and entry summary completion;
accountable for a range of client and customs process management
and compliance activities including release support, tariff
database management, classifications, client
instructions/requirements maintenance and auditing service delivery
activities to ensure client service delivery satisfaction. This
position assists in ensuring that all entries are classified and
billed accurately and within LII service standards to ensure their
clients' complete satisfaction.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Build and maintain excellent, direct working relationship with
the client and/or carriers, provides day to day contact and
* Prioritize and complete work according to client's needs,
demands, customs requirements and Livingston standards for release
conditions and ensure compliance.
* Create and proactively maintain the client tariff database,
ensuring all associated system maintenance files/information,
associated vendors and keywords are accurate and current in order
to take advantage of data defaults for accurate quality output and
one-step processing. Update information as necessary.
* Verify documentation for release conditions, compliance and
rating compliance (e.g., free trade certificates).
* Create, maintain and adhere to client Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) and Exceptions to Standard Procedures (ESPs).
* Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, operational
productivity and relationships within North American Brokerage
* Ensure accurate and timely release and rating of shipments on all
modes of transportation for their assigned client base, including
auditing work completed by Release Pool or the NSC in Air/Sea
* Provide support, guidance and mentoring to Release Operations
members to ensure accurate release and rating activities are
completed to achieve service levels (non-Air/Sea locations
* Escalate items for additional resolutions or return entries to
release team members and recommend corrective actions.
* Create customs entries in appropriate system through proper
vendor and keyword selection and interpretation of Customs document
for both high and low value shipments. Key in shipment information
for EDI release, rating and billing, ensuring that all mandatory
fields are completed and accurate.
* In a professional manner, work directly with and contact
clients/carriers to obtain missing documentation, information
* Works directly with Customs and PGA's as necessary.
* Conduct periodic checks to ensure accurate application of tariff
and valuation along with proper selection of client/importer
* Responsible to conduct documented internal audit.
* Assist MSD in compiling and reporting performance measurement
statistics for the Client Service Team.
* Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day
operations of the team, including setting priorities, organizing
and scheduling work, coordinating with others, problem-solving and
decision-making, participating in meetings and handling special
* Proactively coordinate and implement electronic data
relationships to gain efficiencies and improve one-step
* Keep abreast of new systems developments.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
* Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Excellent oral and written communication and organizational
* Client Service oriented -- interpersonal skills with
internal/external clients and coworkers.
* Ability to handle large volumes and meet tight deadlines.
* Strong knowledge of company policies and procedures.
* Attention to detail; organization, completeness and accuracy.
* Good analytical skills with problem-solving ability.
* Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized
* Excellent time management skills.
* Ability to present a professional image.
* Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
* Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common
WORK EXPERIENCE - MINIMUM REQUIRED
3 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Working towards/or successful completion of the Certified Customs
Specialists (CCS) designation with the Canadian Society of Customs
Brokers (CSCB) or the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders
Association of America (NCBFAA) is a requirement, if not already
Successful completion of the CCS examination is a mandatory
requirement for further advancement.
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and
committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in
which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one
which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate.
Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with
disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require
accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when
submitting your application.
Nearest Major Market: Buffalo
Keywords: Livingston International, Tonawanda , Client Import Analyst, Professions , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!