Company: Linde Ince
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2019 sales of $28 billion (---25 billion). We live our mission
of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity& specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic/Machinist that will be based at
our Tonawanda, NY location. This position will report to the
Rotating Equipment Rebuild Shop Manager.
The overall objective of the Mechanic/Machinist is to support the
Rotating Equipment Rebuild Shop activities and ensure the safe and
reliable operation of production equipment within Linde facilities
at the lowest life cycle cost.
This "hands on" position requires a combination of planning,
scheduling, machining, inspection, disassembly and assembly of new,
repaired or modified parts for Expansion Turbines, Rotary Blowers,
Screw Compressors, Centrifugal Compressors, Reciprocating
Compressors, Pumps, and other plant support equipment. Overtime and
accessibility during off-hours is required. Willing to do
- Dismantles machines or equipment, using hand tools and power
tools, in order to examine parts for defects and replace defective
parts where needed.
- Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of
mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect
defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision
instruments such as micrometers and dial indicators
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering
information in order to determine methods and sequences of
operations needed to rebuild equipment and determine proper
dimensions and tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be
used in preparation of work.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order
to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for
adjustments or repairs.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics,
shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining
- Fit and assemble new or modified parts to repair rotating
- Designs fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet
special engineering needs.
- Prepares working dimensional sketches for machining and
assembly QA purposes.
- Expert use of all precision measuring equipment such as
micrometers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators
- Demonstrates use of all hand and power tools used to
disassemble or reassemble rotating equipment
- Experience safely using overhead cranes, jib cranes and their
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as
lead/participate on teams.
- Self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and
achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience using computers and standard software
packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.). Preferred Qualifications:
- Journeyman Machinist - completed 4-year apprenticeship with a
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a job shop atmosphere.
- Hands on disassembly/ assembly of rotating equipment
- Knowledge of rotating equipment tolerances and clearances
- Experience shop balancing rotating equipment
- Experience using CMMS systems such as Infor EAM
- Previous leadership position or direct supervisory
- Demonstrates understanding of precision machining & assembly
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde Ince, Tonawanda , Mechanical Technician, Professions , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!