Student Intern - Service Technician/Diesel Mechanic - Earthmoving/Construction Equipment
Company: Milton CAT
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Student Intern - Service Technician/Diesel Mechanic -
Service / Technician
You have challenged yourself in an academic field and are ready to
take that challenge to the next level. Internships give you an
opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience that lets you put
your education to work. Our openings are designed to fit into your
school schedule, to see Milton CAT from the inside and decide if
it's the place to launch your career. Each year, we hire
internships for a variety of positions at our locations throughout
New England and upstate New York. There are opportunities to apply
your knowledge in areas that include finance, marketing,
operations, warehousing and equipment repair and service. Interns
have opportunities to be exposed to all facets of the business.
This internship will be during Winter Break of 2023 or Summer of
2024 and will be working in our Earthmoving & Compact Equipment
Service Department. This is a paid internship: $17.00/hour Interns
are considered valuable members of our team, and therefore earn
- Real world experience
- Competitive salaries
- Consideration for full-time employment when you graduate
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in a public, private or
accredited academic institution majoring in a diesel or heavy
- Knowledge of diesel engine, electric generator, power
distribution and associated equipment.
- Fast learner with a 3.0 or higher GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Excellent computer and related software skills (Microsoft Word,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and team-building skills are
- Organization and time management skills.
- Versatility and the flexibility to adapt to new situations are
- Able to commute to work location on a daily basis. This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor
may request and assign you similar duties. Resumes that are mailed,
emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be
considered. You must apply online. A background check and drug test
are required as part of our pre-employment process. Milton CAT is
an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity
brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals
with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants
receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to
further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA
Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.
Keywords: Milton CAT, Tonawanda , Student Intern - Service Technician/Diesel Mechanic - Earthmoving/Construction Equipment, Professions , Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!